Ohio Housing Finance Agency (OHFA) programs
The State of Ohio through the Ohio Housing Finance Agency provides 2.5% & 5% down payment assistance or lower than market interest rate with no assistance using the following programs:
- First Time Homebuyer – first time home buyer programs offered to those who haven’t owned a home within 3-years, or ever.
- Heroes – Active Military, Veteran, Fire Fighter, EMT, Paramedic, licensed Health Care Worker, Teacher, Police Officer.
- Grants for Graduates – Graduate of college within 48-months and first-time homebuyer
- Next Home – recent homeowner, not a First Time Home Buyer.
- Target Area – specified area for assistance.
Amount of assistance is considered a 2nd mortgage at 0.00% interest rate for 7-years. Fully forgiven after 7-years, fully repaid if sold within 7-years. Borrower income cannot exceed maximum allowable income limit.